Building gender-balanced, high-performing pipelines to leadership continues to challenge businesses. It’s especially tough to retain top talent as employees become parents.
As they try to juggle the demands of work and home, 43% of highly qualified mothers leave their careers or off-ramp for a period of time. Yet, only 2% do so to raise their families.
Retaining employees as they transition from pregnancy through maternity leave and as they return to their roles as working parents, requires a collective effort. It demands family-friendly, progressive policies as well as managers and HR to support and position their teams to reach their full potential.
For employees, the transition to parenthood – as with any career change – requires the development of new skills and strategies to succeed.
Training + Workshops
Our training sessions help employees – both mothers and fathers – develop the skills and strategies they need to balance the demands of their careers at each stage of early parenthood.
Our manager and HR training sessions equip your people leaders to more effectively support and engage employees during pregnancy and maternity leave, and as they return to work after baby.
Review our programs
Our consulting program, available on one-to-one or group basis, supports employees through key milestones along the new parenting journey: planning for maternity leave, as they prepare to return to work after baby, and as they adjust to life as working parents.
We extend our coaching program to managers, to ensure they have the insights and skills to best support and engage their employees before, during and after maternity leave.
Strategy + Implementation
We help you design the programs and practices that will best support employees as they transition to parenthood. We begin by understanding where your company is today before identifying the opportunities that will bring you closer to your objectives.
We then get to work on implementation. As we do, we put in place the right structures and ensure key stakeholders – HR, managers and employees – understand their roles and are equipped to support the new direction.
Schedule a consultation
Benefits to Companies
- Bottom line savings incurred by lowering attrition rates. On average, the cost of turnover is 21% of an employee’s salary (not including executives and physicians).
- Create a more modern, integrated culture that attracts talent, retains new parents during a challenging personal period, and increases employee loyalty.
- Improve productivity by helping parents effectively plan and transfer work ahead of maternity leave, while also fast-tracking employees returning from leave.
Benefits to Employees
- Increase confidence by working with new parents to develop the skills and the strategies they need to ease their transitions and enable greater productivity at every stage.
- Reduce the negative impacts to women’s mental and physical health by easing the stress of returning to work after maternity leave and juggling the dual demands of work and home.
- Develop the communication, goal-setting and negotiating skills needed to focus efforts and advance careers at each stage of new parenthood.