Building gender-balanced, high-performing pipelines to leadership continues to challenge businesses. It’s especially tough to retain top talent as employees become parents.
As they try to juggle the demands of work and home, 43% of highly qualified mothers leave their careers or off-ramp for a period of time. Yet, only 2% do so to raise their families.
Retaining employees as they transition from pregnancy through maternity leave and as they return to their roles as working parents, requires a collective effort. It demands family-friendly, progressive policies as well as managers and HR to support and position their teams to reach their full potential.
For employees, the transition to parenthood – as with any career change – requires the development of new skills and strategies to succeed.
Review our training workshops and consulting offerings.
Workshops and training
Our learning programs are designed with practicality in mind.
Our Working Mother Series offers women the strategies and tactics that will enable them to manage their careers through the transitions of motherhood with less stress and more success.
Our Leaders Program offers learning sessions where managers are provided the tools to build inclusive and supportive teams where everyone is able to thrive.
We partner with companies to find the right business strategies that will engage and support their female talent.
We first assess current policies and programs, and consider company goals to develop a roadmap to help you get to where you need to go. From there, we develop customized strategies and programs that meet your goals.
Then, we roll up our sleeves to help you get it done.
Benefits to Companies
- Bottom line savings incurred by lowering attrition rates. On average, the cost of turnover is 21% of an employee’s salary (not including executives and physicians).
- Create a more modern, integrated culture that attracts talent, retains new parents during a challenging personal period, and increases employee loyalty.
- Improve productivity by helping parents effectively plan and transfer work ahead of maternity leave, while also fast-tracking employees returning from leave.
Benefits to Employees
- Increase confidence by working with new parents to develop the skills and the strategies they need to ease their transitions and enable greater productivity at every stage.
- Reduce the negative impacts to women’s mental and physical health by easing the stress of returning to work after maternity leave and juggling the dual demands of work and home.
- Develop the communication, goal-setting and negotiating skills needed to focus efforts and advance careers at each stage of new parenthood.